Tuesday 8 July 2008

3 days to go!!

I only have two more days on the Isle of Man before i leave for London and then on Friday night i will be boarding South African Airlines for the 12 hour flight into Capetown international. I found out there is another volunteer travelling on my flight so i think we are going to meet in Heathrow before which will be good.

Stephen my programme co-ordinator sent me my volunteer placement profile yesterday. I will be working at Blossom Street Primary which is in Silvertown. A township in the infamous Cape Flats area from what i know. I am starting to get nervous as i reall have no idea what to expect but i know it will be amazing and until i arrive there is only so much i can do to prepare myself. Ill be volunteering with children aged 5-15 who live way below the bread line , teaching Physical Ed and assisting in a classroom environment.

I still ont know which volunteering house i will be in yet as there are two. One in Rosebank and one in Rondebosch so excited to find out where and who i will be living with during my programme. Really looking forward to meeting everyone will be a welcome relief after the long journey!! Lots of Love, K x

No comments: