Wednesday 23 June 2010

I got back from London last week and although it seems like it has been a long week alot has happened. Firstly, with regards to my time in London, I would definitely recommend going to see The Lion King. The choreography and costumes were just fantastic and although I didn't sing along(honestly) I still managed to remember all the song lyrics 'Hakuna Matata, what a wondeful phrase....'

On Thursday I was lucky enough to be invited to attend a Strictly come dancing Salsa master class with Darren and Lilia from the show. I have never done anything like this so was rather apprehensive but hey, it was all in the name of charity, and actually turned out to be really good fun!

On Thursday evening and Friday I attended a higher education event for local sixth formers. I was a representative on the Manx Graduates stand. I spent alot of time talking to students and explaining the benefits of the Manx Graduates portal. I found it quite strange to be back in the same hall I was in as an eager 6th former laden with University prospectuses almost 5 years ago. Where does the time go!?!? It is definitely worth taking the time to register on the Manx Graduates site and I hope that Manx students returning to the island as well as local employers continue to benefit from the facility.

PDMS is sponsoring the Social media Club's 'Super Third Thursday' tomorrow with a lunchtime seminar event at the Hilton - 'Enabling Internal Communities' . I'm looking forward to seeing some old and new faces and this is my first experience of the Island's SMC!

No comments: