Monday 22 March 2010

Something Different in the Isle of Man


This weekend for the first time since I care to remember I completely bypassed The Courthouse et al. I had been reminded of some outdoor 'activities' I was keen to try out..Enter Go Karting at Jurby and Pony Trekking in Little London. I had the perfect person in mind to join me, a classic 'There is absolutely nothing to do on this island' victim.
Thankfully it was a lovely day and the sun was shining, we drove up to Jurby to the karting track http://www.duketrackdays.com/Karts.aspx There was no one else there so I was spared some embarrassment as I suited up in full black waterproof overalls and helmet..If I recall I was lapped 3 times but despite this it was good fun and definitely a different way to enjoy being outdoors. I have cousins visiting over Easter weekend and have already planned to revisit Jurby as I think it will be more exciting with more than 2 of us racing.
On the return to Douglas we looked out for Milntown House an estate created in the early 16th century with the hope of stopping off for a coffee or afternoon tea. Unfortunately due to rather hazy directions we couldn't manage to find it.

That evening I sampled some produce from Paddy's Market in Port St Mary - worth a visit if your in the area!!

Sunday afternoon came around and it was time for outdoor activity number 2. Pony trekking in Little London http://homepages.manx.net/ballahimmin/
There was a group of about 7 of us who set out on the trek, the scenery was beautiful and it was so nice to be out in the fresh air doing something different. Definitely would recommend the experience, just be prepared for some sore muscles in the morning!!

No comments: